skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
The-Courier-musicalassumptions
Home
Popular Posts
Six Pieces for Violin and Piano by Amanda Maier
Violinists and lovers of violin music will be happy to know that I just put two editions of Amanda Maier's Six Pieces for Violin and Pia...
In Honor of This Week's Events in Tampa
There are a whole lot more Yiddish curses for Jews who might consider voting Republican here! [Thanks to Marjorie for leading me to this.]
I Won't Dance, Don't Ask Me: A Ramble
When you consider the complexity of the step patterns in Mr. Issac's Pastorall, the idea of dancing at all becomes daunting. But people...
To This We've (or I've) Come: Longing for Better Times
Almost 100 years ago music played a civilizing role in the most uncivilized of circumstances.
The Siblings Fuchs Play Martinu
My friend Bernie Zaslav, who studied with Lillian Fuchs, sent this recording of the Three Madrigals that Martinu wrote for her and her violi...
Marcel Tabuteau Interview
The last part of this video has an interview with Marcel Tabuteau . By demonstration he makes the case that musicianship has everything to d...
The Prix de Rome Cleveland
I just heard about an "Iron Composer" competition , which sounds like an interesting exercise in speed writing. Here is how it wo...
Practice Mute Point
Actually, this is a practice mute tip , but I couldn't resist the pun. I like to play with recordings, and I particularly like to play w...
A few words from Lorin Maazel to those of us who "march to different tunes."
Lorin Maazel has been around. He has enjoyed celebrity for all of his professional life, which happens to be most of his physical life. He ...
The Rake's Progress
Michael and I were both excited to find this item about Igor Stravinsky. I was particularly excited because I once owned (and lost) a Stra...
Blogger templates
Blogger news
Blogroll
Archives
►
2014
(5)
►
January
(5)
▼
2013
(221)
►
December
(13)
►
November
(24)
►
October
(18)
►
September
(22)
▼
August
(30)
Jumbotron Jam
Six More Things about The Butler
How Movable Type Technology Changed the Way We Wri...
August 28, 1963
Gilbert and Syllabus
Here's Looking at You!
Dark Eyes: Sinatra and Durante
Frank Sinatra Sings Mozart!
Knock, Knock! Who's There? The Postman (And You Ne...
Private Listening
So That's how practicing works!
The Many Faces of Syrinx for Debussy's Birthday
Gore Vidal on Why We Make Art
"Being" a Composer
Violin in the Family: Thoughts from Karen Rile
What I Learned on my Summer Vacation
The Last Roses of Summer
Nardini Violin Sonatas
Maybe it's just me . . .
Introvert, Extrovert, or Ambivert?
True Confessions of a One-time Flutist: A Ramble
The Curse of Eve
A Nice Film about Chocolate
Hand-shaped Door Knockers
Why the Postman Always Rings Twice
. . . My secret desire was to write a piece of music.
Clara Kathleen Rogers Memories of a Musical Career
Impermanence of Abstract Expressionism
James Tissot
What is the sound of music?
►
July
(24)
►
June
(14)
►
May
(14)
►
April
(17)
►
March
(17)
►
February
(10)
►
January
(18)
►
2012
(271)
►
December
(21)
►
November
(27)
►
October
(27)
►
September
(27)
►
August
(22)
►
July
(24)
►
June
(26)
►
May
(13)
►
April
(24)
►
March
(23)
►
February
(19)
►
January
(18)
►
2011
(3)
►
December
(3)
August 28, 1963
11:22 AM
|
Two score and ten years ago today:
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ban nha mat pho ha noi
bán nhà mặt phố hà nội
0 comments:
Post a Comment